Monday, March 24, 2014

Keeping busy at university

Hello, all! It's been a while. I've had a busy semester 2 of my first year of university and therefore I have unfortunately not had much time for blogging or for going to see shows at the theatre but here is a brief update.

I have managed to get involved in a fair number of projects and performances this semester which I am very happy about. I enjoy having lots of things to do and I like the challenge of trying to fit everything into my schedule. My compulsory contact hours only amount to 8 hours per week so there is plenty of time to get involved in extra-curricular activities and since I am doing a music degree, this involvement is very much encouraged. 

A few events have already been done and dusted such as two concerts at Chichester Cathedral in which I got to sing in as part of the university's Chamber Choir. I have also been participating in a stage combat course. I had never done stage combat before and although with my spatial awareness I have succeeded in unintentionally kicking and punching people for real, I think I have learned some basics :P


Exciting projects and things still coming up:

April: Seussical as ensemble and assistant director
May: Spring Awakening as assistant stage manager
May: Jesus Christ Superstar as ensemble
May: Orchestra trip to Guernsey as violin 2
June: Chamber Choir tour to Rome as soprano 1
September: Carmen as ensemble

No comments:

Post a Comment